Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to Help
Welcome to the Help Page of The Mabee-Simpson Library. Included are tutorials and some information about the library for students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
To put items on reserve, complete the form below and submit it with the actual material to Camille Beary at the front desk or Office #203. We discourage photocopies for reserves and ask that you scan all photocopies and offer them to your students via the college's Schoology Program or give your students a permanent link to the article online which is authenticated thru the college's library pages.
Library Instruction for Faculty and Classes
A librarian can either come to your classroom or instruct your class in #327 on the third floor of the library. This room holds 20 comfortably. Instruction consists of:
- Short demonstrations of most relevant resources or a particular database: 15-20 minutes
- Full class sessions including instruction and hands-on practice: 40 to 50 minutes
- One-on-one or group appointments
For more information about this program, contact Camille Beary, Assistant Director of The Mabee-Simpson Library.
The Top Ten For Students
- Food and drink are allowed. Because of Covid the snack bar is closed.
- Your student ID is your library card.
- Your campus email login is the same as your computer login.
- There are computers in the library you can use.
- We have DVDs and Kanopy, streaming video.
- There are two copiers that also scan and create PDF files you can email.
- We have study rooms upstairs and downstairs.
- Lost and Found are at the front desk.
- We're open until Midnight most nights.
- You can check out books for a month and DVDs for a week.
Librarians Are Here to Help You!
Library Hours 2020-21
Open 8 to 5 Monday thru Friday and
Closed Weekends Until February 4.
Hours for Spring Semester 2021
Starting February 2
Sunday 6 p.m. to Midnight
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ask The Librarian
2300 Highland Road
Batesville, AR 72501
How Do I Login?
When off-campus, Lyon College faculty, staff, and students please use your Lyon user ID of: firstname.lastname@example.org and your password to login. You no longer have to use RDS to log in. Find your browser, your web page, your database, search the database, and when the authentication screen pops up, use your student ID and password. You only have to do this once a session.
Community members who have purchased a card can use the databases in the library building but not remotely.
Having issues logging in? Clear your cache (CTRL + SHIFT + DEL) and try again.
If you have problems accessing the databases please call Lyon support at: 870-307-7555 or contact email@example.com.
2300 HIGHLAND ROAD • BATESVILLE, ARKANSAS 72501 • PHONE: (870-307-7205) • FAX: (870) 307-7279